Who We Are?
We are parents, just like you. In fact, all King’s parents are automatically members of Friends of King’s. Our mission is to provide support to the School on behalf of the parent body, and to provide opportunities for parents and students to participate fully in school life. We are active in three main areas:
- Hosting and promoting social events for parents and students;
- Supporting School functions through the provision of refreshments and other practical help;
- Raising funds for the benefit of departments and School programmes outside the allowances of the operating budget.
What do we do?
Our Committee meets on a regular basis to plan upcoming events and to organise and allocate resources and volunteers. We encourage volunteers to help with school functions and be involved with the Committee itself and will encourage members to help arrange events with the assistance of other Committee members and parent volunteers. We welcome all volunteers – from those who are willing to join the Committee, to those who have only an hour to give at a Friends of King’s event.
Annual events organised or supported by Friends of King’s include:
- Christmas Fair
- Summer Fun Friday
- Sixth Form Fashion Show
- Second-hand Uniform Shop
- Infant & Junior Easter Egg hunt
- Parent Balls & Party Nights
Dates for your Diary
- AGM – Friday 14 September 2018, 2pm, FA Dining Hall
- Friends of King’s I&J Committee Meeting – Friday 21 September, 2pm, Fence Avenue Dining Hall
- Friends of King’s Committee Meeting – Friday 12 October, 2pm, Fence Avenue Dining Hall
- Parents' 'Strictly Ball' - Saturday 10 November 2018, Hilltop Country House, Prestbury. Tickets on sale from Monday 17 Sept.
- King's Christmas Fair - Saturday 24 November 2018, 12.30 – 3.30pm
- Summer Fun Friday – Friday 21 June 2019, 3.30 pm, Fence Avenue (includes Second Hand Uniform Sale)
Your Current Committee
Chair – Rachel Clark
Chair of I&J Committee - Alex Hall
Secretary – Sarah Holliday
Treasurer – Ruth Oliver-Williams
Please contact us if you are interested in getting involved with Friends of King’s, or if you are able to help with forthcoming events. Contact Friends of King’s via the Foundation Office on 01625 260000 or via FOK_Chair@kingsmac.co.uk
The Friends of King's Committee would like to thank everyone for their fantastic support for the 2017 Ball, which raised a whopping £12,000 in total. Huge thanks to all the sponsors, especially headline sponsor Holmes Naden, and parents who donated auction prizes.
The 2018 'Strictly Ball' will be sponsored by Pinches Medical & Wellbeing, and we are exceedingly grateful for their support. It promises to be a fabulous and very glitzy night!
The Friends of King's Committee would like to thank everyone for their fantastic support for the 2017 Christmas Fair. In total, in raised over £5600 which will go towards funding various items across the school.
The 2018 Christmas Fair will be held at Cumberland Street on Saturday 24 November.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
Location: Boys' Division, Cumberland Street Site, opposite S3 (Medical Centre), down the steps behind the main school building.
Next opening times:
Monday 15 October, 8.30am
Saturday 24 November, 12:30 - 3:30pm
Monday 11 March 2019, 3:30pm
Monday 13 May 2019, 8:30am
21 June 2019 (at Summer Fun Friday, Fence Avenue) - everyone welcome
If you have any donations of school uniform, washed and in good condition, please leave at any of the School Offices at either Fence Avenue or Cumberland Street.
Contacts: Toni Watkins or Rachel Clarke via FOK_Chair@kingsmac.co.uk
Where the money goes?
The FOK committee and its supporters donated £16,000 to the school over the course of the 2017-2018 school year. All the funds raised through parents support goes towards various items for the benefit of the children across all Divisions of Kings, such as sporting equipment, enrichment activities and various resources, some of which are pictured below:
There are Class Reps for each of the classes in King’s Juniors and Infants Division.
Please make contact through your individual class reps.