King’s is one of England’s great independent schools, with a reputation for delivering outstanding education for more than five centuries.
We are both an academic school, with outstanding results, and a school that offers a broad education with a remarkable range of extra-curricular opportunities and experiences. Importantly, ours is a nurturing environment, which produces happy, well-rounded children.
King’s is a diamond model school, educating children from 3 - 18 years, through a successful blend of single-sex and co-education, and a vibrant curriculum that is designed to keep pupils engaged, challenged and eager to learn.
We aim to challenge our pupils to aspire, work hard and achieve great results. Our pupils are confident and independent young people who are fully prepared for the challenges of the future. When they leave, they go on to study at the universities of their choice and excel in their chosen fields.
Whilst we are immensely proud of our heritage, we are also a forward-looking school with a new curriculum and an exciting future set out in our 2020 Vision.
Our unique advantages:
- The experienced staff, resources and facilities of a large school and
- A small-school atmosphere within each of our four Divisions
- A commitment to both academic excellence and an unparalleled range of extracurricular studies
- A large estate giving children the space they need to grow and learn
- Pastoral care that is second to none
I hope this website will give you a sense of our vibrant and caring school. I would encourage you to read our latest ISI Inspection Report and to visit us to experience King’s first-hand.
Dr Simon Hyde, Headmaster