For the past five years, King’s has been the TOP performing school in Cheshire East at both GCSE and A Level.
A Level Results
Our 2019 results were among the very best A Level results in the North West and continued to place King’s among the best performing independent schools in the country, based on national rankings.
In 2019, of the 108 students in Year 13:
- Over 41% of grades were A*/A
- 71% of grades were A* – B
- A third of students achieved A* in at least one subject
- 25 students achieved AAA or better
- 74% of all EPQ grades were A*/A
- The A – C pass rate is 90%
Seventy per cent of students went to their first choice of university and more than 50% joined Russell Group universities.
As well as receiving excellent results, we have also been recognised for our excellent ‘value-added’ scores. Value-added is the difference between a student’s expected outcome and their actual outcome, and demonstrates how much progress the student has made. At A Level, King’s is in the top 15% of schools nationally for the quality of our value-added data with a large proportion of our students achieving better than their predictions. Our three year average for A Level results puts us in the top 10% nationally. At GCSE, we added on average a third of a grade to each of the grades students received.
Our 2019 GCSE results are amongst the very best in the region and are up significantly on the previous year, particularly in the top 9/8 grades. Of the 124 students in Year 11:
- well over a third of all grades were the top 9/8 grades (A*)
- 61% of all grades were 9- 7 (A*/A)
- 82% of all grades were 9-6 (A*-B)
- over a third of pupils achieved at least 9x 9- 7 grades (A*/A)
- 10 students achieved 10x 9/8 grades (A*s)
- Three quarters of pupils got 9/8 (A*) in at least one subject
In most academic subjects, more than half of all grades were at the top 9-7 grades (A*/A) including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maths, Further Maths, English Literature, Art, Computing, Geography, French, German, Spanish,
In the advanced Further Mathematics exam, 60% of all grades were A*/A and two pupils achieved an A^ (A* with distinction).
Our Infant & Junior pupils have enjoyed considerable success in recent years, as a result of our unique Learning Challenge Curriculum, small classes and high staff: pupil ratios.
In the Early Years (EYFS), 100% of pupils acheived a 'Good Level of Development' (GLD) in all seven areas of learning: a fantastic achievement. 36% of pupils 'exceeded' the expectations for their age.
In the Key Stage 2 assessments taken by King’s Year 6 pupils, the following overall results were recorded (2019):
- Reading: 95% of pupils were working at, or better than, the expected standard (national average 73%)
- Maths: 97% of pupils were working at, or better than, the expected standard (national average 79%)
- Writing: 88% of pupils were working at, or better than, the expected standard (national average 78%)
- Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar: 90% of pupils were working at, or better than, the expected standard (national average 78%)