From the Early Years Foundation Stage right through to the Sixth Form, this summer's results were again stunningly good. Each year, King's enjoys outstanding exam results at A Level and GCSE, as well as stunning results in our infant and junior assessments at Key Stage 1 and 2.
Our 2016 A Level grades equal our best ever which put us in The Times Top 120 Schools. Of the 124 students in Year 13:
· Over 50% of grades were A/ A* (national average 26%)
· 80% of grades were A* – B
· 50 students achieved AAA or better
· 10 students achieved A*A*A* or better
· 50 students achieved A* in at least one subject
· 6 students gained offers from Oxford or Cambridge
· The A – C pass rate is 95% (national average of 76%)
Our 2016 GCSE results were again excellent and remain amongst the very best in the region. Of the 150 students in Year 11:
· 31 students achieved at least 5 A*s
· 84 pupils achieved A* in one or more subjects
· 66 students achieved 9 As and better
· 11 students achieved 9 A*s and better
· 6 students achieved an A^ (an A* with distinction) in Further Maths
The outstanding results showed:
· a quarter of all grades were at A*
· around 60% of all grades were at A*/A and
· 85% of grades were A* – B
For previous results, please see: 2014 Results
Equally important is the success that we have with pupils entering further education. Students are well supported in preparation for university (see Careers) and this year, 70% of students achieved their first choice of university. More than 60% of students joined Russell Group universities and each year a good number gain offers from Oxford and Cambridge. Many students each year are accepted onto courses at the UK's best universities for Medicine, Veterinary Science and Law and, increasingly, students are supported in applications to universities overseas.
We are always delighted to hear of our former pupils' success at university, with many students contacting us to say that they have been awarded a First Class Honours degree. In recent years former pupils have achieved the top First Class honours degree at both Oxford and Cambridge Universities in a range of subjects.