From Early Years right through to the Sixth Form, our results are stunningly good.
Each year, King's enjoys outstanding results at A Level and GCSE, as well as in our Key Stage 1 and 2 assessments.
Our 2016 A Level grades equalled our best ever which put us The Times Top 120 Schools. Of the 124 students in Year 13:
· Over 50% of grades were A*/A (national ave. 26%)
· 80% of grades were A* – B
· 50 students achieved AAA or better
· 10 students achieved A*A*A* or better
· 50 students achieved A* in at least one subject
· 6 students received offers from Oxford & Cambridge
Our 2016 GCSE results were again excellent and remain amongst the very best in the region.
Out of a year group of 150 pupils:
· 31 pupils chieved at least 5 A*s
· 66 pupils achieved 9 As and better
· 11 pupils achieved 9 A*s and better
· 6 students achieved an A^ (an A* with distinction) in Further Maths
· a quarter of all grades were at A*
· around 60% of all grades were at A*/A and
· 85% of grades were A* – B
For our 2014 results please see: 2014 Results
Equally important is the success that we have with pupils entering further education. Students are well supported in preparation for university (see Careers) and most leavers achieve a place at their first choice. Each year, many students are accepted onto courses for Medicine, Veterinary Science and Law at top universities and several receive Oxbridge offers.
Once again this year we are delighted to hear of some of our former pupils' success at university, with many students contacting us to say that they have been awarded a First Class Honours degree. In recent years former pupils have achieved the top First Class honours degree across the whole of Oxford University in Fine Art, Engineering and English.