Trips & Visits
We offer a significant range of school trips as a way of enriching our curriculum: we see education outside the classroom as a key part of delivering a rounded education.
Whether it be through curriculum-enriching trips linked to a specific academic subject, or a month-long cultural experience as part of an expedition to a remote part of the globe, there is something for everyone at King’s.
Trips are a big part of school life and serve a variety of functions, from academic day trips to theatres and museums to residential trips. There are also a huge number of outdoor pursuits trips; the Duke of Edinburgh scheme; ski trips; sports tours, and finally there are expeditions, such as the recent expeditions to Bolivia, Morocco, India, Namibia and Norway.
This year alone, our pupils have experienced:
- a Year 5 French trip
- a Year 6 Sports Tour to Jersey
- Year 7&8 Chateau trip to Normandy
- numerous DofE expeditions
- a Senior Rugby Tour to South America (South Africa last year)
- a 'World Challenge' trip to Java (Costa Rica previously)
- a Spanish trip to Murcia
- A German Exchange programme
- Ski Trips to Italy and France
- a Business Studies trip to Paris
- a Classics trip to Greece
- French work experience in Nantes
Next year, trips include visits to Japan, China, South Africa and Dubai, to name just a few.