Friends of King's
We are parents, just like you! In fact, all King’s parents are automatically members of Friends of King’s. Our mission is to provide support to the School on behalf of the parent body, and to provide opportunities for parents and students to participate fully in school life. We are active in three main areas:
- Hosting and promoting social events for parents and students;
- Supporting School functions through the provision of refreshments and other practical help;
- Raising funds for the benefit of departments and School programmes outside the allowances of the operating budget.
We are always looking for more mums and dads to get involved, even if you just want to help informally at the occasional event. Please just come along to any FoK meeting, coffee morning or event and say 'hello'.
Our Committee meets on a regular basis to plan upcoming events and to organise resources and volunteers. We encourage volunteers to help with school functions and be involved with the Committee itself and will encourage members to help arrange events with the assistance of other Committee members and parent volunteers.
We welcome all volunteers – from those who are willing to join the Committee, to those who have only an hour to give at an event. We promise fun and friendship too! Annual events organised or supported by Friends of King’s include:
- Christmas Fair, Saturday 2 December 2023
- Summer Fair
- Second-hand Uniform Shop, termly sales
- Infant & Junior Easter Egg hunt
- Parent Balls - Greatest Showman Ball 22 April 2023
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Book Fairs
- and lots more!
Chair – Rachel Clark
Chair of I&J Committee - Katie Burton
Secretary – Tracy Kelly
Treasurer – Ruth Oliver-Williams
Please contact us if you are interested in getting involved with Friends of King’s, or if you are able to help with forthcoming events. Contact Friends of King’s via FOK_Chair@kingsmac.co.uk
Where the money goes?
All the funds raised through parents support goes towards various items for the benefit of the children across all Divisions of Kings, such as sporting equipment, enrichment activities and various resources, some of which are pictured left.